Welcome! :)

My name is Meghan Prokesch and I am a 21 year old senior at SUNY Cortland studying to become an elementary school teacher!

Friday, November 18, 2011

Social Skills Lesson Plan

This week I taught my social skills lesson plan to my first graders. I decided to do a lesson based on Thanksgiving, since Thanksgiving is coming up next week! I read a story about Thanksgiving and then asked students what it means to be thankful for something. The students made a list of possible things to be thankful for, and they each wrote what they are thankful for on a paper feather. We then glued the feathers to a turkey I created and hung it up in the classroom. Lastly, students shared with their classmates what they are thankful for as the rest of the group actively listened. Overall, my lesson went really well and I really enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment