Welcome! :)

My name is Meghan Prokesch and I am a 21 year old senior at SUNY Cortland studying to become an elementary school teacher!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Teaching with SMARTboard

Last Friday, my group had to teach our SMARTboard lesson to the class. We chose to do our lesson on adding and subtracting change, part of the third grade math curriculum. Overall, I think our lesson went really well. I enjoyed learning how to use the SMARTboard and it's many different components. I think this lesson will be very helpful as a future educator, because many school districts are investing in the SMARTboards. SMARTboards are a great asset to any classroom, because the are so versatile. They can be used to teach any subject area and can be moved easily throughout the room. SMARTboards are also a great way to keep students engaged in the lessons and allows every student to participate. I thought this lesson was a lot of fun and am looking forward to using SMARTboards in the future! :)

1 comment:

  1. I thought that your presentation went VERY well! It was clearly rehearsed and well-planned! I also think it is wise that schools are trying to invest in SMARTboards. Not only does it offer more than a whiteboard or a chalkboard but it also eliminates the need for constantly buying chalks and markers and also gets rid of the possible short or long term health hazards of constantly being exposed to dust or fumes from the markers.

    ReplyDelete